We would be delighted to help you celebrate your wedding. If you live within any one of our parishes you have a legal right to be married here. There are also other ways in which you can qualify to get married in one of our churches if one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services. Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we want to help you explore whether it may still be possible for you to marry in your special church.
Talk to the Vicar well in advance to discuss the options open to you.
To book a wedding or to discuss your particular circumstances please contact the vicar on 01588 630324
Find out about costs here.
Find out about what getting married is all about here